If you are preparing for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the more time you give yourself to prepare, the better. This isn’t a test you can study for overnight. Between the reading, listening, speaking, and writing sections, you will need as much time as possible to prepare.
Another one of the challenges students face when taking the TOEFL is the difficult vocabulary. There may be many new words you haven’t seen, and although it might seem impossible to conquer, there are some things you can do to help you feel more confident when taking the exam. There will be various new words throughout the reading passages and multiple vocabulary questions that will ask you to identify the definitions of words used throughout the text.
In our previous blogs, we went over some common vocabulary words you may find on the test. In order to help you to succeed, here are 15 more common words you will find on the TOEFL.
1. Acquire: To come into possession of
2. Supplant: To replace or come after
3. Constrain: To restrict or repress
4. Method: A way of doing something
5. Prestigious: Having a high reputation
6. Vial: A container used to hold liquids
7. Reproach: To express disapproval or disappointment
8. Valid: Having a sound basis in logic of fact
9. Wholly: Completely
10. Transfer: Move from one place to another
11. Recapitulate: To give a brief summary
12. Brash: Rude, noisy, or overbearing
13. Quarrel: Disagreement or fight
14. Conceal: To hide
15. Efficient: Working in a well-organized and competent way
Vocabulary is only one section American English Language School’s TOEFL preparation course covers. Students will go over vocabulary every week and will do various vocabulary exercises. Teachers will also give students a weekly vocabulary quiz to reinforce the vocabulary definitions. If you would like to learn more about our TOEFL course, fill out an inquiry at www.aels.edu or email firstname.lastname@example.org today for more information!
Tagged: TOEFL class in Los Angeles
Published on July 29, 2022A leading English language school accredited by the CEA (Commission on English Language Accreditation) and approved by SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) located in Los Angeles, California. Learn English in LA with our ESL classes, TOEFL preparation, and English speaking classes. Are you serious about improving your English? Join a class today!