Accreditation and License

CEA (Commission on English Language Accreditation) Accredited Site

American English Language School is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) for the period August 2019 through August 2029 and agrees to uphold the CEA Standards for English Language Programs and Institutions. CEA is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency for English language programs and institutions in the U.S. For further information about this accreditation, please contact the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation, 1001 N. Fairfax St., Suite 630, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 665-3400,

CEA Standards:

CEA Complaint Policy:

SEVP/SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Program)

SEVP operates on behalf of the Department of Homeland Security to keep information on international non-immigrants who hold student visas. SEVIS is the online database used by SEVP. AELS has been approved to use SEVIS in order to issue I-20 forms for international students and transfer students.

BPPE (Bureau for Private Post Secondary Education)

The BPPE monitors the operations and standards of private education facilities to protect students and maintain quality in California. AELS has been approved to operate by the BPPE and remains in compliance with the BPPE's standards.

TESOL Member (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)

We have members of TESOL that bring a level of professionalism not found in all language schools. Teachers receive annual training through TESOL conferences to stay current in the field of language education.

Authorized TOEFL iBT Testing Center

The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is a valuable tool used by colleges to determine whether international students have enough English skill to attend college in America. We are a certified TOEFL testing center and administer tests approximately two to three times per month.

Authorized OPIc (Oral Proficiency Interview by Computer) Testing Center

The OPIc test is used by many overseas companies to determine sufficient English skills prior to hiring a new employee. AELS is an authorized OPIc testing center.

I-20 Form

The I-20 form is issued by an educational institution and allows students to apply for an F-1 visa. AELS can issue the I-20 form to approved applicants.