Looking to gain more experience in the workforce and using English in a professional setting? Then look no further. Our students who have completed Level 5 of our ESL program will have the opportunity to apply to be a part of our PAID internship program! There are many benefits to joining this program. Interns will be able to practice English in a professional setting and gain more experience in the workforce, interact with our native English-speaking teachers and students, and earn some money!
During the program, interns will work at a school that aims to help students from kindergarten through middle school achieve their academic goals by providing a variety of classes ranging from math and reading to foreign language, music and computer science. Interns will get plenty of work experience and English practice by interacting with native English-speaking students and teachers, helping to teach classes, assisting with office and administration work, and attending and contributing during staff meetings. The wide array of responsibilities available for interns helps them sharpen their knowledge in speaking and writing English and allow them to utilize the special skills and interests they already have.Responsibilities
Interns’ responsibilities are flexible and will vary based on each intern’s skills sets. All responsibilities will allow interns to interact with our native English-speaking teachers and students and to apply their knowledge from AELS to new environments.Teaching
- Based on their majors (specifically art, computer science, English, mathematics, graphic design, etc.), interns can utilize their knowledge, create detailed lesson plans, and teach it to students in a professional classroom setting, applying the English speaking and writing skills that they learned at AELS.
- Interns can also be a Teacher’s Assistant in Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade classes and help teach them basic math, English, art, and STEM. The English interns have learned at AELS will be proficient to teach students at these grade levels.
- Interns who majored in computer science can also work with our programmers to build and refine our website, app (for Android and iOS), and web-based business management system.
- Interns can help with administration and office work, completing tasks such as answering phones, acting as the front desk receptionist for parents and visitors, taking inventory of supplies, sorting our library, and sorting student files.
- Interns can work as student coordinators, where they will provide translation services between our staff and parents when needed, assist prospective students in the application process (i.e. Chinese-speaking student coordinators can help Chinese students who apply to AELS, or Chinese-speaking parents looking to enroll their child).
- If an intern has majored in a field related to communications, marketing, advertising, or graphic design, they can assist our marketing department by writing blog posts for the AELS website, planning and creating social media posts, managing AELS social media accounts, and brainstorming new marketing strategies to promote AELS. They can also assist by translating advertisements from English into their native languages (i.e. translate an advertisement from English to Japanese) and provide insight on how to market our brand to foreign cultures.
The program duration will be 3 months, beginning at the start of each quarter. It is a great chance for our former ESL Level 5 graduates to continue practicing their English skills to help them gain more confidence before joining the workforce or college, with added benefits such receiving pay for their work and making new and meaningful connections with others.
To take part in this amazing opportunity, apply to learn English at AELS today! For more information about our internship program, please contact email@example.com.