How to Apply for an F1 Visa

Coming to the United States for the first time to study English can seem like a frightening experience for students. However, the process is not as difficult or complicated as it seems. With AELS, you can find everything you need to know about studying English in the US, from getting the necessary documents, to visa interviews and acquisitions, to entry to the US and ongoing support for living in the US. So, please contact us via and refer to the general procedure linked below.

Learn More

Overseas Students

Please contact us by e-mail at if you have any questions. Please send admission documents to In order to be admitted to American English Language School, you must be over the age of 18 and have a high school diploma (or the equivalent).

Learn More

Transfer Students

We offer discounts for transfer students! Students that transfer from another school receive $300 off of their tuition. Additionally, they will receive $100 off for each friend that they refer to us.

Learn More

I-20 Reinstatement Process

When coming to the United States to study, you must comply with the terms of your F-1 student visa! Not following the terms of your visa can result in the termination of your I-20 Form, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status. If your I-20 is suddenly terminated, it can leave you confused about your options, but we can help answer any questions you have about what to do next.

Change of Status

If you wish to change your status by replacing your current visa with a student visa, please contact an AELS representative after preparing the following information.

Learn More

Local Students

Even if you’ve lived here for a few years or are a long-time resident, everyday tasks can still be difficult if you don’t have good English skills. Our ESL classes teach material covering these everyday tasks and conversations that will help you communicate comfortably in most real-world situations.

Learn More