Reinstatement of F-1 visa status
A student who has failed to maintain an F-1 visa status and wishes to transfer to another institution while staying in the United States must regain valid status. Though this circumstance is unfortunate, we at Optimus Language School can assure that we are here to help every step of the way on one’s journey towards reinstatement.
When a student requests reinstatement, they must show proof to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that they:
- Have not been out of status more than 5 months at the time of filing the request for reinstatement .
- Do not have a record of repeated or willful violations of immigration regulations.
- Are currently pursuing, or intending to pursue, a full course of study in the immediate future at the school which issued the Form I-20.
- Have not engaged in unauthorized employment.
- Are not deportable on any ground other than overstaying or failing to maintain status.
In addition, the student must also confirm that:
- The violation of status resulted from circumstances beyond your control. Such circumstances might include serious injury or illness, a natural disaster, or inadvertence, oversight, or neglect on the part of your adviser.
- The violation relates to a reduction in your course load that would have been within the international student adviser’s authority to authorize, and that failure to approve reinstatement would result in extreme hardship to you.
If all of the above conditions are satisfied and the student has filled out the necessary paperwork for Optimus Language School, the student must then send the application for reinstatement to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Tagged: Language School in Orange County
Published on October 25, 2017A leading English language school accredited by the CEA (Commission on English Language Accreditation) and approved by SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) located in Los Angeles, California. Learn English in LA with our ESL classes, TOEFL preparation, and English speaking classes. Are you serious about improving your English? Join a class today!