B1 B2 F1 F2 Visa

B1 B2 F1 F2 Visa

Are you thinking of traveling to the United States but don't know what type of visa to apply for? Whether you are visiting for business, pleasure, or studying will determine what type of visa you should apply for.

If you want to come to the United States temporarily for business, you will need a B1 visa. The B1 visa is a non-immigrant U.S. visa that permits you to enter the U.S. for business purposes. The B1 visa allows you to come to the U.S to consult with business associates; attend educational, professional, or business conventions; settle an estate; negotiate a contract; or participate in short-term training. To apply for the B1 visa, you must do the following: complete Form DS-160, pay the visa fees, schedule the visa interview, prepare the B1 visa documents file, and attend the interview. B1 visas are valid for 6 months. After 6 months, you are expected to return to your home country before your visa expiration date.

If you want to come to the U.S. for pleasure, instead of business, you will need to apply for a B2 visa. If you want to travel to the U.S. for tourism; holiday vacation; to visit friends or family; medical treatment; participation in social activities of a fraternal, social, or service nature; or participation by amateurs who will receive no remuneration in musical, sports and similar events or contests, then a visitor visa would be the appropriate visa to apply for. If you would like to travel for a combination of business and pleasure, you can apply for a B1/B2 visa.

Besides business and pleasure, you can also travel to the U.S. to study. The F-1 visa is for visitors who want to come to the U.S. as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or language training program that is approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program. Spouses and children of F-1 visa holders can apply for an F-2 visa. The F-2 visa allows spouses and children of F-1 holders to enter the U.S. at the same time or later. F-2 visa holders can travel in and out of the U.S. as long as the F-1 holder maintains their status.


Published on August 30, 2019

A leading English language school accredited by the CEA (Commission on English Language Accreditation) and approved by SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) located in Los Angeles, California. Learn English in LA with our ESL classes, TOEFL preparation, and English speaking classes. Are you serious about improving your English? Join a class today!