F-1 Visa Admission to USA

F-1 Visa Admission to USA

Are you interested in studying in the United States? An F-1 visa allows you to study full time at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or language training program that is approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program. 

The first step is to fill out a DS-160 form online. After you submit the DS-160 form, you will need to do an interview. You are responsible for scheduling your interview at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country. The interview is conducted to determine why you are coming to the U.S., that you intend on returning to your home country, and you can support yourself financially for the duration of your stay. 

If you are approved, you may be required to pay a visa issuance fee. Your passport will be taken so you can get your visa and then you will be notified when you can pick it up or have it sent back by mail. You can then prepare for your upcoming trip to the U.S. F-1 visas may be applied up to 120 days before your studying begins; however, you cannot enter the U.S. until 30 days before the start of your class date.


Published on September 25, 2019

A leading English language school accredited by the CEA (Commission on English Language Accreditation) and approved by SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) located in Los Angeles, California. Learn English in LA with our ESL classes, TOEFL preparation, and English speaking classes. Are you serious about improving your English? Join a class today!