Studying with a B1 B2 Visa

Studying with a B1 B2 Visa

If you want to come to the United States for business, tourism, or a combination of both, you can apply for a B1, B2, or B1B2 visa. Each visa is suited for a different purpose. Visiting for business purposes requires a B1 visa, while visiting for tourism requires a B2 visa. For a combination of business and pleasure, you should apply for a B1B2 visa.

These visas are usually referred to as visitor visas. Visitor visas are limited to no longer than six months, but it is possible to extend your stay for another six months if you still meet the visa requirements. When applying, you will need to prove you do not intend to travel to the U.S. solely for the purpose of studying.

However, while you are visiting, you may decide you would like to take a short or part-time academic course. If so, you can enroll in a class as long as it does not exceed 18 hours a week. If you decide you would like to study full time, you would need to change to an F-1 visa.

Tagged: Language School Near Me

Published on October 16, 2019

A leading English language school accredited by the CEA (Commission on English Language Accreditation) and approved by SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) located in Los Angeles, California. Learn English in LA with our ESL classes, TOEFL preparation, and English speaking classes. Are you serious about improving your English? Join a class today!