B1 and B2 visas are common visas that are usually simple to apply for and quick to receive. With a B1 or B2 visa, you are allowed to enter the United States multiple times as there are no restrictions on the number of times you can visit. However, if you travel frequently to the U.S. for long periods, you might need to prove that you do not intend to immigrate there. The maximum B1/B2 duration is one year. The duration of your stay in the U.S. is determined by an immigration officer at the port of entry. The officer will make a judgment of an appropriate period for you to stay for the purpose of your visit. If you end up wanting to stay longer than your initial stay, you can apply for an extension while you are visiting the U.S. If you are approved, your stay will usually be renewed for six months.
• Business-related contractual negotiations
• Business discussions, conferences, meetings, etc. with trading partners
• Attendance in specialized business-related meetings, conferences, etc.
• Research, tours, inspections, etc. for business purposes
• Buying products, materials, etc.
• Testifying in U.S. courts of law
•Tourism and related activities in the U.S. and U.S. islands
• Staying in the homes of family, relatives, friends, or acquaintances in the U.S.
• Undergoing examination, treatment, surgery, etc. at medical institutions in the U.S.
• Participating in trade shows, exhibitions, and other events in the U.S.
• Participating in meetings, exchange programs, etc. in the U.S. organized by social organizations, friendly organizations, etc.
Published on February 14, 2020A leading English language school accredited by the CEA (Commission on English Language Accreditation) and approved by SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) located in Los Angeles, California. Learn English in LA with our ESL classes, TOEFL preparation, and English speaking classes. Are you serious about improving your English? Join a class today!