American English Language School is committed to helping our students during this difficult time. As Orange County begins to slowly open more businesses, we want to inform you of the steps that we are taking to keep our students and teachers safe from infecting or spreading COVID-19. Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our teachers and students, and we will continue to follow the strategies and measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and public health departments.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our school, we will be doing the following:
• Making sure that high touch surfaces are regularly cleaned with disinfectant.
• Students will be required to wash their hands upon arrival and at every break time with soap and water.
• Hand sanitizing stations set up at the entrance of the facility and in each classroom.
• Following social distancing guidelines of staying 6 feet apart from others.
• All employees and students will be required to wear masks or facial coverings when entering the building.
• Daily temperature checks for employees and students.
• Asking employees or students who are not feeling well to not come in and stay home.
• Following proper respiratory hygiene. This means covering the mouth and nose with the bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing. Then disposing of the used tissue immediately and thoroughly washing hands.
• Keeping up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as other health organizations.
• Regularly ventilate all our facilities to ensure a healthy learning environment.
American English Language School will continue to update these protocols in the guidance of our local and state officials.
The following are our guidelines for cloth face-coverings that all students and staff must follow. A cloth face-covering must cover the nose and mouth, should be secured to the head with ties or straps or wrapped around the lower face, and can be made of a variety of materials, such as cotton, silk, or linen. The face covering may be factory-made or sewn by hand.
We are working hard to ensure that our students will be able to continue studying English in a safe and comfortable environment during this time. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow the recommendations of the CDC to ensure everybody’s health and safety.
If you would like to find out more information about how we are working to maintain a safe learning environment for you, please email or call us today.
Tagged: ESL Program Orange County
Published on June 17, 2020A leading English language school accredited by the CEA (Commission on English Language Accreditation) and approved by SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) located in Los Angeles, California. Learn English in LA with our ESL classes, TOEFL preparation, and English speaking classes. Are you serious about improving your English? Join a class today!