Lately, times have been challenging. Americans have been in quarantine for months and our daily lives have changed drastically. Many plans keep being pushed back, dreams of studying abroad to further education keep being postponed and plans for the future may seem like they may never happen. American English Language School knows that students may feel discouraged or scared to study abroad right now, so we do all that we can to ensure the health and safety of our all of our students and staff. The safety of our teachers and students is what is most important, and we will continue to follow the strategies and measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and public health departments.
After you have decided to study English in the United States during COVID-19, you might be worried about what the classes will look like or how the facilities will be run in response to the pandemic. At AELS, we are making a few changes to ensure everybody’s safety and health.
First, students will need to take a COVID-19 test when entering the United States. We also ask that all students quarantine for at least two weeks before beginning their ESL classes. We want all of our students to be safe and to help reduce the spread of infection.
Upon arrival to American English Language School, students and staff will have their temperatures checked. Students who have a fever of 100.4 degrees or above or other signs of illness will not be admitted into the facility. You will also be required to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before entering the classroom.
Another safety measure we take is enforcing the use of face coverings. All students and staff must always wear face coverings when they are in the facility. We also ask that students continue to wear a mask and follow social distancing guidelines while outside of the classroom. All of our teachers will also be following these guidelines to help keep themselves and others healthy.
Last, to further help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our school, we will be:
● Making sure that high touch surfaces are regularly cleaned with disinfectant.
● Continuing to emphasize the importance of regularly and thoroughly washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Students and teachers will wash their hands before each class and after breaks.
● Providing hand sanitizers throughout the facility.
● Following social distancing guidelines of staying 6 feet apart from others.
● Requiring the use of masks or facial coverings when entering the building.
● Performing daily temperature checks for employees and students.
● Asking employees or students who are not feeling well to stay home.
● Following proper respiratory hygiene –covering the mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing, then disposing of the used tissue immediately and washing hands.
● Keeping up to date on the latest information from trusted sources, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health organizations.
We will continue to monitor and follow the recommendations of the CDC so that you will be able to continue studying English in a safe and comfortable environment.
If you would like to find out more information about how we are working to maintain a safe learning environment for you, please contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 990-4657.
Tagged: English Language School Orange County, ESL Program Orange County, ESL Class Near Me
Published on October 9, 2020A leading English language school accredited by the CEA (Commission on English Language Accreditation) and approved by SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) located in Los Angeles, California. Learn English in LA with our ESL classes, TOEFL preparation, and English speaking classes. Are you serious about improving your English? Join a class today!