Choosing to study English in Los Angeles is a great opportunity to have lots of memorable experiences. From sights and shops to events, there is always a never-ending list of things to do! If you decide to study English in Los Angeles, you can study at American English Language School while still having time to explore all the great places and things the city has to offer! Here is a list of 8 great things you can do in Los Angeles during your language stay.
1. The Hollywood Sign: The Hollywood sign is a famous landmark that you can visit. The 45 feet tall white sign spelling out “Hollywood” has been used in films and television shows frequently. If you want to see it up close, there are many different hiking trails to choose from, or you can take a shuttle.
2. The Hollywood Walk of Fame: Another popular place is the Hollywood Walk of Fame. There you will find more than 2,600 celebrities’ stars embedded on the sidewalk. The stars are added to honor the accomplishments of famous musicians, actors, directors, producers, and others who work in entertainment.
3. The TCL Chinese Theatre: For film fans, a notable place to visit is the TCL Chinese Theatre. This famous theatre is one of the most iconic movie palaces in the world, had many film premieres and has even hosted the Academy Awards. You will be able to see hand and foot imprints of many different Hollywood stars. Today, they still play movies for audiences in the world’s largest IMAX auditorium. If you are an avid moviegoer, you don’t want to miss this attraction.
4. LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art): For art fanatics, an awesome place to visit is the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, or LACMA. LACMA is the largest art museum in the western United States. It is among the most popular tourist attractions in Los Angeles, featuring historical and contemporary exhibits from the region.
5. The Getty: For history buffs, J. Paul Getty Museum, also known as the Getty, is another great place to see historical art. They feature exhibits from Greece, Rome, and Etruria as well as historical and modern art from Europe. They are known for their amazing architecture, beautifully landscaped gardens, and stunning views of Los Angeles.
6. Griffith Observatory: For those more interested in science and things not from our world, a great place to visit is the Griffith Observatory, a Los Angeles icon. The Griffith Observatory, a museum with many astounding astronomy exhibits,is located over 1,000 feet above sea level, featuring stunning views of Los Angeles and the Hollywood sign. They even allow visitors to look through telescopes to see the stars for free, host daily live shows and special events, and throw public star parties.
7. Beaches: For the days that you just want to kick back and relax, California is famous for its sunny weather and beaches. A popular Los Angeles beachis Venice Beach. You can swim, surf, enjoy the sun, shop, eat, and drink. There is also Malibu Beach, Santa Monica Beach, and so many other beautiful beaches that you must visit!
8. Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal CityWalk: If you want some more excitement, you can go to Universal Studios Hollywood. This theme park and film studio is always a great time. There you will get to see behind the scenes of one ofthe biggest movie and television studios, and there are many attractions and thrilling rides that you must experience. There is also the Universal CityWalk located outside of the amusement park where you can find plenty of shops, restaurants, and other events.
No matter what your interests are, there’s something for everyone here in Los Angeles – this list has only begun to scratch the surface. To start your adventure in Los Angeles, contact us at email@example.com or (714) 990-4657 today!
Tagged: English School in LA, ESL School in LA
Published on November 6, 2020A leading English language school accredited by the CEA (Commission on English Language Accreditation) and approved by SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) located in Los Angeles, California. Learn English in LA with our ESL classes, TOEFL preparation, and English speaking classes. Are you serious about improving your English? Join a class today!