10 Great Things to Do in California on Your Language Stay
While you are studying English at American English Language School, you might want to travel in California and there are so many things to do. California is one of the most diverse states, both culturally and when it comes to the options for fun activities. To make your transition easier, we have compiled 10 great places you should visit during your time in California.
1. One of California’s most popular destinations is Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles. There you can see the footprints of popular stars at the TCL Chinese Theatre, see the stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, shop, and visit the Hollywood Wax museum.
2. If you love nature and like to be outdoors, you must visit Yosemite National Park and Sequoia National Park. They are both beautiful national parks. Yosemite is known for its waterfalls, deep valleys, and giant sequoias. It is a great place to go camping, hike the trails, and even see some black bears and other wildlife.
3. For more sightseeing, you can go to Sequoia and see the amazing Giant Forest. There you can see over 8,000 sequoias and the famous General Sherman Tree, the largest living sequoia in the world.
4. Another must-see is the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. It is a 1.7 mile long suspension bridge with 746-foot tall towers. You can hike, walk, shop, or take a tour to visit this famous landmark. You can also learn more about the history, science, and engineering of the construction of the bridge.
5. One of California’s most popular attractions is the theme park Disneyland. Known as “the happiest place on Earth,” it is a must-see when visiting California. There you will be able to go on so many rides, see popular Disney characters, and eat some delicious churros.
6. If you like to watch movies, we also recommend going to Universal Studios Hollywood. There you will get to see behind the scenes of the biggest movie and television studio. There are plenty of attractions and thrilling rides that you must experience!
7. For animal lovers, there is the San Diego and Los Angeles zoo. You can see lions, zebras, giraffes, monkeys, meerkats, birds, and so many other animals. There you will find more than 1,400 mammals, birds, amphibians, and reptiles. At the LA Zoo, you can visit their new art exhibit. The exhibit is will make you feel like you are in a tropical rainforest with detailed sculptures, educational graphics, and other elements.
8. If you want to see more animals, the San Diego zoo is another famous zoo in California. You will be able to see an up-close view of the animals with their “Animals in Action” attraction. This 60-minute tour of the zoo is something you will not want to miss on your visit. If you love the water and the creatures that live there, you should visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium. There are plenty of exhibits like the sea otters, penguins, and the giant pacific octopus. It is definitely an aquarium like no other!
9. For a great vacation getaway, visit Palm Springs. It is a city known for its hot springs, hotels, and spas. There you can relax at the spa, take a nice hike, tan by the pool, visit museums, and shop at the boutique shops.
10. Another vacation spot is Coronado Island. Coronado Island has 5 beaches, 2 bays, a golf course, historical architecture, water activities, and live theaters.
Tagged: English Language School in LA
Published on November 12, 2020A leading English language school accredited by the CEA (Commission on English Language Accreditation) and approved by SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) located in Los Angeles, California. Learn English in LA with our ESL classes, TOEFL preparation, and English speaking classes. Are you serious about improving your English? Join a class today!