Los Angeles Harbor College
- Name - Los Angeles Harbor College
- Year - 1949
- School motto - "Education Changes Everything"
- International Student Program motto - "Where the world meets Los Angeles!
- Student Population - 10,000 Students
- International Student Population- 60 Students
- Faculty Size - 206 Teachers
- Public 2-Year College
- Campus Location - Wilmington, CA
- Graduate Program - Our college offers 2-year Associate Degrees (specific to transfer and general) options along with a variety of certificate programs to meet students' educational and career goals.
- Best known Program - We are known for university transfer preparation to CSU's and UC through our AA and AS Transfer degrees and UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG). We also offer a wide variety of short-term vocational (Certificate) options.
- Majors Best Known For - Nursing, Computer Science, Business Administration, Architecture, and Child Development
- Awards - 10 Best RN (ADN) Programs in CA for 2020, Rated #11 College (Excite Education)
Los Angeles Harbor College, a comprehensive two-year public community college providing opportunities for transfer education, occupational training, and life-long learning. The International Student Office provides personalized and one-on-one academic, cultural, and immigration services to our international student population. The benefits of a small international student community allows us to make meaningful connections with our students which are still maintained even after graduation through our strong alumni network. We are proud of being the college of choice for Harbor area residents for more than 50 years. The excellence of our faculty, staff, and programs are well known because of the outstanding teaching and personalized attention we provide to those who come to us seeking to improve their knowledge and skills. The college is known for its excellent faculty and transfer programs, as well as programs responding to community and business needs.
Partnerships have resulted in major grants for homeland security programs, training for the Los Angeles World Airport, the Port of Los Angeles and refineries, as well as our updated cable television studio (HCTV). Community residents can watch our expanded television coverage on Comcast Channel 27. From its beginning in September of 1949 when the first students passed through the doors, Harbor College has grown from a technically oriented college into a comprehensive institution of higher learning with a broad spectrum of transfer, vocational, and community services programs. Today, the nearly 8,000 students that enroll each semester in credit courses reflect the diverse ethnic composition of the communities served by the college. One of nine two-year public community colleges comprising the Los Angeles Community College District, Harbor College prides itself on being the college of choice for the nearly 400,000 residents of Carson, Harbor City, Gardena, Lomita, San Pedro, Wilmington, and the Palos Verdes Peninsula.