Santa Monica College
- Name - Santa Monica College
- Year - 1929
- School motto - Humanitas; Veritas; Munus; (Friendliness, Truth, Service)
- Student Population - 32,000 (including on-ground, online, full-time, and part-time students)
- International Student Population- 3,400 Students
- Public 2-Year College
- Campus Location - Santa Monica, CA
- Graduate Program - No graduate programs.
- Best known Program - Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies, Biological and Physical Sciences and Business Administration and Management..
Santa Monica College – a two-year community college accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges – opened in 1929 with just 153 students. It has now grown to a thriving campus with more than 32,000 students and offerings in more than 100 fields of study. We have been California's #1 transfer college for 25+ years with transfers to University of California, USC, Loyal Marymount University, and more.
Santa Monica College is one of the most affordable institutions of higher education in the world. And we have an active Financial Aid & Scholarships office that will help you get the funds you need to pay for your college education.
What makes us special? Aside from our academic excellence, we have features unique to us – including the John Drescher Planetarium; the beautiful Broad Stage at the SMC Performing Arts Center, a premiere performing arts venue; and the Center for Media and Design that houses programs like the Bachelor degree in Interaction Design.